There are so many bizarre laws but this is the best list of stupid laws from all around the world.
1. If you cut down a cactus, you could be sentenced to 25 years in prison (Arizona). Imagine trying to explain why you are in jail.
2. Policemen are allowed to bite a dog if they think it will calm the dog down (Paulding, Ohio). What if they dog bites back?
3. You may not sell toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday (Rhode Island). But why?
4. Marriage between cousins is against the law only if they are younger than 65 (Utah).
5. It’s forbidden for a female to appear unshaven in public (Carrizozo, New Mexico).
6. It’s illegal for a man to give his fiancé a box of candy that weighs more than 50 lbs (22.5 kg) (Idaho). That’s a lot of candy.
7. A motorist with criminal intentions must stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town (Washington)
8. You can be arrested or fined for harassing Bigfoot (Washington)
9. It is illegal todrag a dead horse down Yonge Street in Toronto on Sunday
10. Canada. It’s illegal to possess, print, publish or sell a comic book that depicts any criminal act.
11. It’s illegal to whistle in Petrolia, Ont., between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m.
12. In Alberta it is illegal to set fire to somebody’s wooden leg
13. Under section 309 of the Indian Penal Code, Suicide Is Legal. But You Will Be Punished If You Fail. Whoever attempts to commit suicide and does any act towards the commission of such offence shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year.
14. Home Delivery Of Alcoholic Beverage Is Illegal But Home Delivery Of Beer And Wine Legal In Delhi
15. In the Philippines you can be charged with the crime of “unjust vexation” .
16. In Thailand it is illegal to step on money.
17. A law states it is illegal for adult children to not visit their parents “often” in China.
18. In Arkansas there still exists a law that was instated in the 1800s that states a husband is allowed to beat his wife, but only once a month.
19. In Britain it is illegal to handle a salmon in suspicious circumstances.
20. In Vermont, a wife needs the husband’s permission to wear false teeth.
21. In Kentucky, a woman cannot remarry the same man more than three times.
22. In France, it is stated as legal to marry a dead person, provided they intended to be married while alive.
23. In Britain it is illegal to operate a cow while intoxicated.
24. In Florida, it’s illegal to fart in a public place after 6pm on a Thursday.
25. In Britain, it is illegal to be drunk in the pub.
26. In Victoria, Australia, it is illegal to change a light bulb unless you’re a licensed electrician.
27. In Florida it is illegal for a divorced or a widowed woman to skydive on a Sunday afternoon.
28. In Switzerland, it is illegal to flush a toilet after 10pm. This is due to noise pollution?
29. In Switzerland, a man may not relieve himself while standing up, after 10 P.M.
30. In China, it is a law that a person must be intelligent to go to college.
31. In France, it is illegal to name a pig Napoleon.
32. In Britain it is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the monarch’s head upside down on an envelope.
33. In Singapore, selling non-medical chewing gum or chewing normal gum is a fine of $1000.
34. In Hong Kong, there’s a law that allows a wife to kill her husband if she finds him cheating, but she must kill him with her bare hands.
35. You are not allowed to hike naked in the Swiss Alps. The indecency act was enacted shortly after a German man walked past a family picnicking in the Alps in 2009.
36. Peeing in the ocean is illegal in Portugal.
37. In Thailand It is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear.
38. In South Korea, Traffic police are required to report all bribes that they receive from motorists. Good luck with that!
39. UK Excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.
40. UK A bed may not be hung out of a window.
41. UK It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.
42. Italy, A man may be arrested for wearing a skirt.
43. Australia, Children may not purchase cigarettes, but they may smoke them.
44. Belgium A driver who needs to turn through oncoming traffic has the right of way unless he slows down or stops.
45. Denmark No one may start a car while someone is underneath the vehicle.
46. Denmark Attempt to escape from prison is not illegal, however, if one he is caught he is required to serve out the remainder of his term
47. France, It is illegal to take photos of police officers or police vehicles, even if they are just in the background.
48. France An ashtray is considered to be a deadly weapon.
49. Israel It is forbidden to bring bears to the beach.
50. Finland Taxi drivers must pay royalties if they play music in their cars for paying customers.