To all the mothers we have lost over time, they live on in us. They have left a lasting impression that will live on forever! Cherish the moments and never forget.
Here’s to the woman who started it all.
Ann Jarvis also known as Anna Maria Reeves Jarvis started Mother’s Day in 1908 to give moms everywhere a shout out. Mother’s Day is now celebrated in many parts of the world. She vigorously opposed the commercialization of Mother’s Day and spent the latter part of her life trying to remove it from the calendar.
It all started in her home town of Grafton, West Virginia, and it was declared a national holiday in 1914, when President Woodrow Wilson signed the bill recognizing Mother’s Day.
She never imagined Mother’s Day would become so commercialized as shoppers now spend on average $180 on Mother’s day.
Here are 10 inspirational quotes for your special mother:
1. The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh
2. God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
3. “Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world.” -Kate Douglas Wiggin
4. “There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one” – Jill Churchil
5. “A mother understands what a child does not say.” -Jewish proverb
6. “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” -Washington Irving
7. “When you were small and just a touch away, I covered you with blankets against the cold night air. But now that you are tall and out of reach, I fold my hands and cover you with prayer. Dona Maddux Cooper
8. ‘The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.’ ~ Honore de Balzac
9. All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
— Abraham Lincoln
10. Only mothers can think of the future – because they give birth to it in their children.
— Maxim Gorky
A thank you goes a long way.
Make sure this is a special day for your mother!